Sunday, December 4, 2011

Multi-tasking

Dear Mom,
So today I was thinking about multi-tasking.... and I am pretty sure it is ruining my life. I'm really good at multi-tasking, really I think that I am just way too good at multi-tasking. Because of the habits I have gotten into with multi-tasking, I can hardly ever just do one thing at a time anymore. I have a really hard time focusing on one thing at a time, and this can be really bad. For example, it takes way more effort than it should to simply sit down and focus on a homework assignment. I always want to be doing something else while doing that homework assignment... like watching tv, eating, listening to music.... and ultimately I always end up focusing more on the non-important thing rather than focusing on my homework assignment. The worse way in which my addiction with multi-tasking seems to be getting at me lately is with spiritual matters. I have been having a really hard time with sitting down and being able to just focus on my scripture study and giving the Lord the thought and time that is needed for spiritual growth. My prayers are suffering too. I really need to re-focus and simplify my tasks. I need to start doing less at a time and focusing on what I am actually doing. I really feel like this will be beneficial to me. Focus, Jenepher, Focus.
I love you mom.
Love,
Jenepher Kaye

No comments:

Post a Comment