Dear mom,
Some people are so infuriating and so confused. Check out the following facebook posts:


Some people are so infuriating and so confused. Check out the following facebook posts:
And these are the responses:
Girl #1: Mother Teresa might not agree with you on that one :) I do feel that women who make the conscious decision to stay at home with the kids deserve just as much credit as women in the workforce, but it is not to say that a woman that chooses to pursue a career is any less of a contributor to society. I look forward to playing both roles someday :)
Jenepher Kaye Roberts I had a mother that did both, work and be a mom. 2 years before she died she became disabled and became a full time mom. Even though she was disabled and suffered during those 2 years, they were the most important years to her. Motherhood is the most important work there is. Nothing can compare to shaping a child's life, and that takes a lot of time, effort, and work. There is not enough time in a day to do all that we each would like to do, that is when you have to prioritize. Good, better, and best. And Mother Teresa didn't spend her life in the work world, she spent it in years of service. What can be more service than raising up children who contribute to society? Mothers are the most unrecognized givers of service to ever exist.
My mother spent over 25 years in the work force. Those years did not leave any lasting impact on the world (and she had a good job-she was a chemist). The impact that she left on the world was my brother and me. That is the greatest thing she contributed to society. You cannot contribute anything greater to society than life. Her 2 years at home with me did much more than her 25 years at work. I respect working women, and I am sure I will work someday too, but my greatest contribution to society will be my children. The comparison isn't even close.
My mother spent over 25 years in the work force. Those years did not leave any lasting impact on the world (and she had a good job-she was a chemist). The impact that she left on the world was my brother and me. That is the greatest thing she contributed to society. You cannot contribute anything greater to society than life. Her 2 years at home with me did much more than her 25 years at work. I respect working women, and I am sure I will work someday too, but my greatest contribution to society will be my children. The comparison isn't even close.
Yesterday at 8:47am ·
Jenepher Kaye Roberts And of course in some professions, like doctor, nurse, etc. They may save lives, but they don't shape them. There is only 1 profession where you truly get to shape a life. Motherhood.
Yesterday at 8:52am ·
No comments:
Post a Comment