Dear Mom,
Today I was talking to a really good friend of mine and she told me a story that just made me sick. Here is basically the story she told in her text messages to me:
Her: So I have had a hard 3 weeks..... I have dealt with mean people and racism for the first time in my life.
Me: Seriously? What happened?
Her: Well it was a cross country guy (she is on the team at her university) and he was saying all these racist things but Im friends with him so it made me sad and he said white is the most attractive race and blacks should only be with blacks and mexicans only with mexicans and that everyone just wants to be with white people. And he said to me that he wasn't saying I was ugly because I look white not mexican..... it made me so mad... So I went home and told my roommate about it and she agreed with him and said even worse stuff than he had. She was pretty much saying, "Yea, I would never date a mexican..... I guess its cuz I know we are better." Cuz her family are farmers and they have mexicans work for them and she said that its just that mexicans can never amount to anything.
It seriously sickens me to think that there are people out there who really think this way. The world has a really messed up view of beauty. People have forgotten what true beauty really is. Everyone has their own beauty, and if we don't see it then it is our own faults. God has given us so many colors of skin, hair, eyes, etc, to make the world a more beautiful place. Its pathetic that people can't appreciate different types of beauty. And don't people realize that by thinking that way and saying things like that they are sending the same message that Hitler sent, to a smaller extent of course, but its still the same message. I mean millions of people died because someone thought that other people were less capable and less beautiful than them. But apparently to some people those types of thoughts are only wrong if you kill someone because of it. I can't believe that there are people out there who are really that ignorant.
This reminds me of an EFY song from a few years ago when I went. I absolutely love the message this song sends:
And that song reminds of another song that I recently heard for the first time that I love so much too:
I love you mom.
Love,
Jenepher Kaye
Today I was talking to a really good friend of mine and she told me a story that just made me sick. Here is basically the story she told in her text messages to me:
Her: So I have had a hard 3 weeks..... I have dealt with mean people and racism for the first time in my life.
Me: Seriously? What happened?
Her: Well it was a cross country guy (she is on the team at her university) and he was saying all these racist things but Im friends with him so it made me sad and he said white is the most attractive race and blacks should only be with blacks and mexicans only with mexicans and that everyone just wants to be with white people. And he said to me that he wasn't saying I was ugly because I look white not mexican..... it made me so mad... So I went home and told my roommate about it and she agreed with him and said even worse stuff than he had. She was pretty much saying, "Yea, I would never date a mexican..... I guess its cuz I know we are better." Cuz her family are farmers and they have mexicans work for them and she said that its just that mexicans can never amount to anything.
It seriously sickens me to think that there are people out there who really think this way. The world has a really messed up view of beauty. People have forgotten what true beauty really is. Everyone has their own beauty, and if we don't see it then it is our own faults. God has given us so many colors of skin, hair, eyes, etc, to make the world a more beautiful place. Its pathetic that people can't appreciate different types of beauty. And don't people realize that by thinking that way and saying things like that they are sending the same message that Hitler sent, to a smaller extent of course, but its still the same message. I mean millions of people died because someone thought that other people were less capable and less beautiful than them. But apparently to some people those types of thoughts are only wrong if you kill someone because of it. I can't believe that there are people out there who are really that ignorant.
This reminds me of an EFY song from a few years ago when I went. I absolutely love the message this song sends:
And that song reminds of another song that I recently heard for the first time that I love so much too:
Love,
Jenepher Kaye
No comments:
Post a Comment