Sunday, December 4, 2011

Beauty

Dear mom,
Once again it is that beautiful time of year where we can focus on celebrating the birth of our savior Jesus Christ. One of my favorite chapters in all of scripture is Isaiah 53. My favorite verses in all of scripture are verses 3-5 of that chapter. I think those words are the most beautiful words in all of scripture. Thinking on the beauty of those words brings me back to verse 2 where it reads, "...he hath no form nor comliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him." When I think of the savior, who he is, what he has done for me, for all mankind, all I can think of is pure beauty, true beauty. It just reminds me that I need to redefine what beauty is to me. I need to seek for true beauty, the beauty of Christ that rests in all the world around me. My definition of beauty needs to come from the Lord, not from the world. The world is so confused as to what beauty is. The world thinks it is shiny, new, 'perfect', flawless people and things. This is not beauty. That beauty is a lie. We can never be happy seeking for the beauty that the world demands, we can only find happiness while seeking for the beauty of God.
This holiday season I want to seek for true beauty, beauty that is a gift from the Lord Jesus Christ to us.
I love you mom.
Love,
Jenepher Kaye 

No comments:

Post a Comment