Dear Mom,
Its been too long. I have had so much in my heart to share, and for some reason have not chosen to share it. Well two things for now. Tonight Philip and I went to institute had a great lesson. Just a small piece I want to share. Our teacher did an analogy for us about freedom and laws. Everyone in the world believes that the fewer laws and rules you have, the more free you will be. Our teacher compared freedom and laws to a bicycle and brakes. When you are riding a bicycle the speed and momentum you gain is the freedom. To win the bicycle race you want as much speed (freedom) as possible. He compared the laws and rules to the brakes of the bicycle. Initially it seems that brakes (rules) would not be wanted because they take away that speed (freedom), but really, the brakes (rules) allow a rider to use their speed (freedom) to its full advantage without the threat of crashing. Remove those brakes, and it is inevitable that the rider will gain up so much speed as to crash in a terrible way. The world has definitely let satan confuse them as to what freedom is.
So when Philip and I were home for Christmas break I found a file on Dad's flash drive that was titled 'Gayles Work Tributes.' This caught my eye so I just copied it to my computer to read later. I read that file today. In it were several little notes that co-workers of yours wrote to our family shortly after your death. I had never seen them before and I was touched as I read them. You brightened so many lives. I loved feeling their love for you and seeing their sadness at your loss. It is comforting to know that I am not the only one who misses you. I feel like I am on this constant journey to find you and learn about you, because I never got to know you and see you as an adult. These letters helped me to do that a little bit more. They described your characteristics and friendships. You're a great person and a great friend. It helped my love for you to grow.
I love you mom. I miss you.
Love,
Jenepher Kaye
Its been too long. I have had so much in my heart to share, and for some reason have not chosen to share it. Well two things for now. Tonight Philip and I went to institute had a great lesson. Just a small piece I want to share. Our teacher did an analogy for us about freedom and laws. Everyone in the world believes that the fewer laws and rules you have, the more free you will be. Our teacher compared freedom and laws to a bicycle and brakes. When you are riding a bicycle the speed and momentum you gain is the freedom. To win the bicycle race you want as much speed (freedom) as possible. He compared the laws and rules to the brakes of the bicycle. Initially it seems that brakes (rules) would not be wanted because they take away that speed (freedom), but really, the brakes (rules) allow a rider to use their speed (freedom) to its full advantage without the threat of crashing. Remove those brakes, and it is inevitable that the rider will gain up so much speed as to crash in a terrible way. The world has definitely let satan confuse them as to what freedom is.
So when Philip and I were home for Christmas break I found a file on Dad's flash drive that was titled 'Gayles Work Tributes.' This caught my eye so I just copied it to my computer to read later. I read that file today. In it were several little notes that co-workers of yours wrote to our family shortly after your death. I had never seen them before and I was touched as I read them. You brightened so many lives. I loved feeling their love for you and seeing their sadness at your loss. It is comforting to know that I am not the only one who misses you. I feel like I am on this constant journey to find you and learn about you, because I never got to know you and see you as an adult. These letters helped me to do that a little bit more. They described your characteristics and friendships. You're a great person and a great friend. It helped my love for you to grow.
I love you mom. I miss you.
Love,
Jenepher Kaye
No comments:
Post a Comment